Friday, September 15, 2006

For those out there following...Sharkboys adventures in the school system keep up as always. This week I decided not to send him due to his confessional session with my and his doc...Apparently the school has taken the prehistoric approach to educating..Remeber those times when the teacher used to punish bad behavior with a slap? Well apparently that is active again...All this past weeks I have been wondering, thinking why on Earth he wouldnt talk to me about anything related to the school...Now I get to know why, he was told not to say anything since no one would be able to help him and the message was that he had to learn to behave by the iron fist. This woman understands that he has no problems except a weak mom, who allows him to do his bidding and a strong willed dad who is all he needs to get his act together...And I had hoped this was the enviroment he needed to succeded...

A friend told me to try and talk to the school, that it cant be all that bad since other kids do make it smoothly. But would it really be worth it? I have made bad choices with schools before I cant keep on with that...One school didnt want to give him opportunities, other subjected him to physical and emotional abuse through peers and teachers another one took his fears to the max and I CANT KEEP on relaying in others to educate my son. For too long society keeps smashing in your face that we cant educate our kids after they enter the "school years" because we arent teachers..Do we really need to be? I have found no magic in the educational methods of our system...Same boring, uneventhfull stuff full of competition, and unequality...I cant see what lies ahead, but defenitely this is the time for changes.

No comments: